E Square Studio Limited ("we" or “the Company") respects the privacy rights of visitors to the Company’s website. We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data is carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the "PDPO").
Purpose of Personal Data Collection
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for (but not limited to):
• identifying you and any accounts you hold with us;
• providing services and products to you;
• determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on products and services;
• order processing, billing and fulfilment;
• processing your payment transactions;
• enabling us to store your personal data so you do not need to re-enter it each time you purchase a product
• administering our membership program list;
• direct marketing of our products or services (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
• making suggestions and recommendations to you of our products and services or products and services that may interest you;
• tailoring ads on our website, social media platforms and elsewhere to your interests and history with us;
• operating and communicating with you about our social networking;
• evaluating and improving our business (including conducting market research, statistical analysis to develop new products and services, enhancing and improving our products and services);
• customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
• providing customer services to you;
• handling your complaints and account enquiries;
• performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
• making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations;
• any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
Personal Data Collected
The types of personal information you may provide to us include but not limited to:
• Contact information (such as name, email address, mobile phone or other phone numbers, social media contact, postal address);
• Gender and date of birth;
• Username and password
• Payment information (such as your credit card number, expiry date, delivery address, and billing address);
• Purchase history;
• Your membership program account number;
• Product preferences and communication channel preferences;
• Contact information of friend(s) or other people you would like us to contact (under the circumstance that you have obtained the required consent of such individuals for such use by us);
• Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments);
• Information provided to us when you visit our social media pages or use one of our social networking (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page).
We may access, use and/or process your biometric data including but not limited to fingerprints and facial images stored on your mobile device or other device for the purpose of conducting identity verification, however we will not collect nor store such data.
From time to time, we may use your personal data to send you news, offers and promotions and we requires your consent for that purpose. Direct marketing communications may be sent to you through various channels, including by telephone, mail, email, SMS, social media platforms and other online means.
Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, date of birth, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviors, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by the Company may be used by the Company and the Company’s business partners in direct marketing of the products and services offered by the Company.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
• Site functionality cookies - these cookies allow you to navigate our website and use our features, such as “Add to Cart”;
• Site analytics cookies - these cookies allow us to measure and analyze how you use our website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience;
• Customer preference cookies - when you are browsing or shopping on our website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language), so we can make your shopping experience more seamless and personal to you;
• Targeting or advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you, they also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the products and services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
• Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
• Company’s business partners, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the products and services;
• Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
• Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies or credit card issuing companies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including sharing it to third party service providers for the performance of purposes discussed above on our behalf.
We may share non-personal data such as anonymised data and aggregated data relating to but not limited to sales transactions, user traffic, logistics and warehouse performance publicly and with our partners including but not limited to existing and potential business partners, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services and academics.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place. All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. However, you understand that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Personal Data Transfer
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
Personal Data Retention, Review, Modification and Deletion
We may retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out above. Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement, your personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the data is used.
You have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct your personal data, and have the information deleted, as appropriate. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to review, change or delete your personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our site. You should carefully review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of other websites that you visit.
Last Updated Date: 15 September, 2021